Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just Couldn't Leave Well Enough Alone

So I am posting again...   As I mentioned in the previous post, August/first of September were very busy around this neck of the woods..  I had a series of weddings/photo shoots, but I was able to spend some MUCH MUCH needed time with family. It went a little something like this we were able to go to Bear Lake and do a little of this
Sunbathing (arent Had's legs the cutest)
Playing in the water. 
And we also did a little BMX moves on a beach cruiser.. Yeh folks your eyes are not decieving you  that would be my cousin, jumping over my brother on a beach cruiser bike, with the assistance of the wonderful sand ramps..  (yeh dont worry everyone that took a part in this extreme sports adventure are over the age of 21) While all of the rest of us "adults" stood around laughing and taking pictures.... Nobody or BODY parts were harmed.
Thanks Grandma for putting this together, I am grateful for the time we spent together, on the beach, hanging in the condo, and just visiting with one another... fun.

Our Family also went to Teton National Park and Yellowstone where we did a little 
Geyser Gazing 

and we also did a little 
Bar J watching.. The food was fabulous, and the music and show were just as good although I spent the majority of the evening pushing Had in the stroller around the grounds... But the weather was Beautiful... nice and cool..  
Yellowstone and Teton National Park are two of my most favorite vacation spots, I am so glad that we have a tradition to go visit each year... 

And last but not least I got to take a little girls getaway to California.... SOOO fun!  even though I missed my little peeps, it was nice to get away and take a breather. We stayed In Long Beach in a fabulous hotel, sleep in until insanely late hours, shop, eat, shop some more, visit with my sweet friend Emily, (thank you!), go to DisneyLand (which was weird without kids), go to Disneyland some more, eat, shop, sleep.. (what a terrible cycle huh) Ha!  we also to to see this
 It was totally Wicked... I loved it, if you haven't had a chance to see this I highly suggest you do!  it was Fantastic.. The Pantages theater was beautiful, but Hollywood.. yeh not soo much.  I wasn't impressed with Hollywood, maybe my expectations were set a little high.. but oh well..   Super Fun get away! Just enough time to regroup and get ready for fall!

So all said and done, it has been a Super Fun Summer..  I am soo blessed to be able to spend time with family and friends.  Although I am sad to see summer come to a end, Fall is my very favorite season.
Alright now you have been nourished with more information then I am sure you EVER wanted to know..  But thats my month in a nutshell.
So now that Preschool has started, Super(stress) Saturday(or SSS and I call it) right around the corner, photo shoots, and all the other fun stuff in my life, I am sure I will have more to blog about (dont think you got away that easy)

4 comments:

Dagley Family said...

Looks like you have had some fun lately! Kelty keeps asking when we are going back to Jackson Hole so we can head up to the parks. I love it out there too. So I am heading off with my sisters and mother today to go see Wicked out in Calli. It's my mom's 60th birthday and thought we would surprise her. She doesn't have any idea still. Glad you liked it. I am excitted!

Julie said...

So much fun! My turn! My turn! Perfect name for "Souper" Saturday! SSS Love it!

Nathan, Karen, Anna, and Austin said...

I'm so glad that you had a good time in Cali. Sorry I couldn't make the trip down to hang out with you guys. Now I really want to see Wicked...

Trent Humphreys family said...

What an exciting month! I think you've visited Disneyland more in the last few years than I have in my lifetime. I want to take the kids next spring...I'll have to call the pro for advice. Good times!