Ah my kid is tough I thought, my kid LOVES dinosaurs, and LOVES acting like a dinosaur, so we will continue to keep it a surprise.
So we hop on the front runner and head to "the Big City" (as wyatt calls it) when tracks pulled up to the Energy Solutions arena, wyatt noticed the big Walking with Dinosaurs semi trailers, and the first thing he said to me was... I am too young to go to the Walking with Dinosaurs, right mom and dad... Uh well Wyatt, That is where we are going... are you excited???
UH NO... I am too young to go, I don't want to go.
I was for SURE NOT going to go home, plus I already paid a butt load for a train ticket.
So.. we go in get seated, get popcorn, T-rex's, drinks and all that stuff that ya have to get.. and then then lights shut off, and the ground started to rumble... oh boy... my dinosaur of a boy, had a melt down. So Casey takes him out, and I thought I better go as back up, to help coax the scared little fella back to his seat. While we are up in the tunnel thing, trying to convince Wy that it is ok, and they are puppets (yeh all the stuff KUTV morning guy told me I should tell my kid before hand), the usher proceeds to tell me, Miss you can't stand here, you either have to take your seat and leave. Uh SIR.. we will take our seat when WE ARE READY, this usher SIR goes on to tell me, that you can get a refund if its within the first 15 minutes, but we needed to take our seats or LEAVE... By this time I am sweating buckets (I still had on my winter coat, and scarf), so we took baby steps, we would go peek on to the arena, then back up a little, all the while Wyatt is clinging to me like a baby chimpanzee to his mother, SOOOOOOOOOOO after 20 minutes of going back and forth, and having the usher repeat his dear self a dozen times, we made it to our seats!!
I am happy to say that after this MENTAL MELT DOWN.. he was glued to the action the rest of the time, and LOVED IT.
But I other the other hand wasn't that impressed, in fact I was kind of bummed. dont get me wrong, they were really realistic looking, and the special effects that are put into each dinosaur are amazing, but the show in its entirety (not including the 25 intermission) lasted MAYBE an hour.. and paying more per ticket then I have for any concert ticket, I at least thought there would be a little more too it... So live and learn right??? RIGHT?? Next time crazy morning guy is telling me parenting skills I had better listen up!


10 comments:
Classic Kellie, Classic!
That is so funny!!! At least he calmed down enough so you could get osme good pictures:) I Hope you eventually were able to have a good time!!!
good to know I didn't miss much.
Wow Kell, now that's some Dino Drama! I'm glad for the sake of the cost of train tickets you were able to see the show. Fun times:)
That is so funny! I'm sure that my Brynlee would have done the same thing. I'm glad it turned out okay.
I am so jealous! I heard it was great! I wanted to go... but little Miss Avery is a little too young I think.. and Preston... a Little to big to just go by ourselves! I would have thought the show would have been longer too! Poor Little Wyatt! I'm glad he ended up liking it though!
Kellie.. you crack me up. I had heard the same thing on Good Things Utah... we didn't do dinosaurs this time holding out for Disney on Ice. Glad Wy got out there and had a good time.
Glad it all turned out ok! I'm sorry to say I laughted through your post...I've been there, trying to surprise my kids and having it backfire and slap me in the face! Darn. I guess we live and learn. You are a cute mommy!
I thought about taking Teegan to it but he freaked out at the moving dinosaurs at the Dinosaur Park, so I thought I'd better not chance it. I thought for sure Wyatt would be all over that but I'm glad he ended up liking it. We try to please our kids and spend lots of money doing it...and that's what we get in return.
That is so cute of Wyatt! I miss your stories!!! I emailed you the other day...did you get it? Or are you lost??? Anyway, we went to the show, too. I do have to say although you pay a ton for tickets, I think if it would have went any longer, it would have gotten real boring. Well, give me an email!!!
Post a Comment