
Wyatt, (since I am going to print this entry for your scrapbook, I thought I would address it to you)
Last night I read the journal entry that I wrote 5 years ago. 5 years ago last night I was scared to death, I needed to be at the hospital at 5:00 am to get started, my blood pressure was going crazy, I was swollen like a HUGE balloon,not a shoe would fit on my feet but a flip flop, and my body was not wanting to be pregnant any longer, but you were perfectly content to stay put. That night your dad and I both couldn't sleep I remember laying in bed wide awake talking about what the morning would bring. I remember the car ride up to the hospital, I don't think we talked the entire way up there, it was pretty early, and we were pretty nervous. After getting checked in and settled in our room, (which was right above the life flight pad), they started the pictocin, and after 12 hours of being on pictocin, and maxing out my epidural drip, you were ready to come on out, BUT NOT WITHOUT A FIGHT! , the doctor finally pulled you out with the foreceps or as we call them the giant salad tongs, man did you look pretty scary , sorry but you looked like you were put in a barrel and rolled down the stairs, you had forecep bruises, one on each side of your eyes, and you looked like a cone head. But we still loved you and thought you were the cutest little baby ever! Now 5 years later, as I sit here and listen to you play and run with your little sister, I realize what a true blessing you are to our family. I have learned so many things from you buddy, and the biggest thing I have learned is patience and how sometimes, somethings just aren't worth a fight ;) (snowboots in 100 degree weather or a sucker before breakfast). I have also realized what a sacred blessing it is to be a mother, even though most times I feel like I can be a better mother, I wouldn't trade it for the world. You are special Wyatt, and I love you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NEWT!

8 comments:
You just about made me cry! I love that little man! He is such a fun kid.. I hope you guys have a great day! We love you guys! I'm glad you are feeling better girl! Tell Wyatt Happy Birthday from us and that we love him!
That was fun to read...I love his picture-so so cute!
That is so sweet and Wyatt will love it down the road! It's fun to hear about his arrival to this world! Happy Birthday Wyatt!
Happy Birthdy Wyatt! such a fun story!! THanks for sharing!
This entry made me cry! I so wish I was around to hear all your stories again. I miss you tons!!! Wyatt is such a handsome boy! I have to say, I do love the boys!!!! Happy Birthday Wyatt. Sorry to hear about your bad week the last week. That stinks.
a 5 year old!? they do grow fast. harrison will be 7 next month! i love to see your blog too. it is wonderful to keep up to date with you. i remember in high school i could not go more than 3 months without a visit to ut!
Cute blog!!! I found you on Amy Fillpots. She is my neighbor. I'm glad I found you, now I can look at your cute kids. My blog is dustyandcamilleparker.blogspot.com. Check it out when you get a chance.
Hey Kellie,
Came right home and found your blog while I had it on my mind.
I'm sure we'll be relating much to each other since our kiddo's are the same ages. :)
Send me your email at lindsayheitz@gmail.com and I'll send you an invite.
And by the way...I think you're a hot mamma!
Post a Comment